Mother's Day....!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sparkles2307, May 8, 2009.

1. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Why oh why are stupid flowers so dang expensive!? Seriously, I have kids to feed, I cant believe that 5 tulips and a little baby's breath runs $40 bucks! they grow back for gosh sakes.... I guess I need to just grow my own for next year. DH doesnt do anything for his mom so I am in charge of both mothers...I dont know what to do without breaking the bank!

2. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:Don't buy them.... buy your mom a loiving gift to last a lifetime.... say a rose bush for her garden (if she has one) or a lovely houseplant if she does not have one. Living gifts are wonderful reminders, cut flowers just die away......

3. sparkles2307

I looked for a potted plant too, that is my top choice at all times, and they have jacked up even the 4 inch plants to $21.95 for mothers day...

4. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:tell your mom you have the gift in mind that you want to give her, but it is not available until shortly after.... we moms are all understanding......

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I would much rather have someone make me breakfast in the morning than get flowers or chocolate or something.....

6. sparkles2307

lol thanks for the encouragement. one wouldnt think i have been out of the house for 7 years the way I always need mom to be understanding! I am going to try sneaking to the feed store in the "metropolis" nearest us tomorrow for more chicks...and there will be a cheaper and better plant selection there as well! I wonder how the moms would feel about each getting a pesky goat for mothers day...oh wait they are already married [​IMG]!

7. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    wwwProflowers.com use code word Dr Laura one dozen roses $19.00

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by