Motley Crue's Ducky Play Pen!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Shadowhills Farm, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Shadowhills Farm

Shadowhills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Crystal River, Fl
    So a lot of you know that Motley is sick with an infection and has been inside all week. Here are some photos I got of her using her "Ducky Play Pen!" Great while I need to clean out her cage and she can walk around and spread her wings in it [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

She's so pretty!

3. Shadowhills Farm

Nov 14, 2009
    Crystal River, Fl
    Thanks! I really want her to be looking like a real Cayuga soon!

4. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Ive thought about getting one of those - is the bottom tough enough for their claws?

5. Shadowhills Farm

Nov 14, 2009
    Crystal River, Fl
    The bottom is holding up great! It is a little unstable without the mat....

6. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    OMG!! I never thought of using a playpen!! Way to use your brain!! I have 2 leftover from my twins just taking up space in the shed.....hhmmmm.....oh, the possibilities!!! [​IMG]

As far as the mat, you can always cut a piece of OSB or other inexpensive board to fit the bottom.

7. suburbanduckmom

suburbanduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Belmont, CA
    I've been searching craigslist and freecycle for one of these for months for my ducks. I never thought about using it as a quarantine area. That is so clever. Now I must double my efforts to find one.

Any one else remember the larger play pens from the 70s and 80s that had room for the kid to crawl around in? I want one for my ducks so they can come inside and I don't have to worry about them getting under my feet. When they were smaller they hung out in a large Rubbermaid tote in the kitchen while I cooked. They now stand at the back door watching me and wonder why I won't let them in.

I hope Motley Crue gets better soon!

8. Shadowhills Farm

Nov 14, 2009
    Crystal River, Fl
    Yeah! We were giving two (I'm expecting......[​IMG]), so we really only need one. We were going to clean it up and give it away, but I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOO! We can put the ducks in there" [​IMG]. I just put a light sheet over the top if they have to stay in it for a long time or overnight so they can't fly out (or attempt to)....

Motley is 85% better! Everyone is inside today because of this horrible weather and the fact that their coop is muddy and wet![​IMG] I have to wait until the fiance gets home to go get shavings and redo the coop and everything....if the weather gets nicer!!

9. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    I've been looking for a playpen, so I can occasionally bring my ducks into the house just for a visit. I thought I could find a used one, but no such luck yet.

Tia

10. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Looks like she thinks that playpen is just ducky! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by