1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

motorcycle accident vitim Update post 17

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chixie, Jul 22, 2010.

1. chixie

chixie Songster

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    <y husbands favorite uncle was in a motorcyle wreck monday. we just found out about it today . his daughter couldnt find our phone number. we named a first born after his daughter. he will live but has had 3 surgeries sine monday. they amputated one leg, had to sew all of the ligaments and tendons in opne of his upper arms... he his having surgery tomorrow on his other hand cause it is crushed. he is a retired firefighter. someone pulling a lowboy pulled out in front of him on a feeder rd and was hogging up both lanes. he ouldnot avoid this aident . he had notime to lay the bike down. he hit the low boy and went airborn. on top of his other injuries he has road rash from head to toe. he was airlifted to a hospital in another town. the insurance company for the other guy said they will pay for all medial expenses. he is doing good and majking jokes about how he used to have gout in that foot until the removed his leg.(dh went to the dr for his gout today. we have to wait to go up there until we know where that storm is going that is heading for the gulf. please pray for him. he is on moriphine and it is not helping with his pain.thank you

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010

2. Lifetime chicken lover

Lifetime chicken lover Songster

Jun 26, 2009
    Rogers, MN
    Positive vibes are being sent your way.
    I hope that recovery goes smoothly. He sounds like he's taking it very well. Laughter is the best medicine, and he has a long road to recovery ahead of him, so he will need to keep his sense of humor.

3. chixie

chixie Songster

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    Thank you...the only thing he is upset about is his motorcycle. it was paid off and a limited edition harley for firefighters. it was worth 21,000. but he said he will never buy another bike... now his son and friends are all selling thier bikes

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  4. chixie

chixie Songster

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    Update/ he has now had 6 surgeries. his arms are better. his leg was amputated below the knee but they had to remove more because of infection. if everything goes well he will have his skin grafts tuesday to close up his leg. please keep him in your prayers

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  5. welasharon

welasharon Songster

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    Prayers to you all from a fellow rider.
    sharon

6. chixie

chixie Songster

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    today He is feeling sorry for himself(which is normal) he keeps complaining that his foot hurts(it is no longer there) which I also understand that phantom pains are normal...

7. chixie

chixie Songster

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    dh Unle had a set bak. he was suposed to go haome today but instead ended up with another surgery. his leg keeps getting infeted. they had to reopen it to drain the infetion. (sorry keyboard is messed up)... they will try to relose it again on tuesday if all goes well

8. WingingIt

WingingIt Songster

Apr 16, 2009
    I'm sorry that I didn't see this before now. My prayers are coming for DH's uncle, he sounds like a great guy.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  9. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    I'm just seeing this .. so sorry.

Let him know that a fellow motorcycle rider from Texas is thinking about him and praying for him ...

[​IMG]

10. chixie

chixie Songster

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    Thanks. Teas gal...I will...
    Thanks to everyone for all the prayers

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by