1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Motorcycle "accident" ..

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by texasgal, Nov 15, 2009.

1. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Well, not so much... we didn't wreck the bike or anything. We didn't turn it "off" while we were at the property tonite.. dead battery. Soooooooo, we're going to clutch start it, right? I'm pushing as hard as I can, down hill .. DH pops the clutch .. the bike lunges forward ... where am I????? ON my freakin' face on the pavement.

Don't know how I didn't hit my face or head .. smashed my wrist .. jammed all my fingers .. abrasions on my knee, thigh, elbow, wrist, shoulder .. pretty sore ..

The worst part was almost passing out from the pain of my hand and wrist .. I had a "white out" when we got back on the bike .. couldn't see a darn thing..

But I'm all good now..

Man .............. am I going to HURT tomorrow ... [​IMG]

Did I mention that I'm tooo OLD for this crap!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  2. OUCH! Take a nice long bath with some chamomile and green tea bags also fill an old sock with oatmeal and rub that all over like you would with your regular soap/body wash. Sounds odd but believe me, it helps!

I grew up with motorcycles and seen it all! When I was about 2 years old, was my birthday from what I remember, Dad put me on the bike with grandpa for pictures. THing is, he just got home from the store WITH the bike! The pipe was hot and I got a bad burn on the inside of my leg.

Hubby ran into a bobwire fence with his bike before.

Dad hit a puddle of water on his way home from work one day while it was raining. broke 3 fingers, jammed up his knee, and his jacket was RUINED! He wasn't wearing his leg slacks so his jeans were a goner also.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I hate when that happens.

4. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

(((hugs))) and two Tylenol every 4 hours...

5. Big Chicken Little

Big Chicken Little Chillin' With My Peeps

Tell hubby to buy you your own bike so this does not happen again [​IMG]

6. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    If it is anything like here, the thing has probably been dying for a while, yet HE WAITS until it breaks completely before fixing it!
    Anyway, hope you don' t hurt too much later.[​IMG]

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Hubby took a spill two days ago on the way to a friends funeral. He didnt see the mud that the farmers left behind when leaving the fields. He turned on to the curve and slid sideways. Good thing about his Carhart jacket saves his hide and his helmet a little scrap on the side of it. But his hip took the worst! His knee was skinned. No wonder those bikes are so darn heavy and I often wonder how anyone could upright a Honda Goldwing in all their 750 lbs!

8. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Take some Aleve!

Sorry you got hurt!

9. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Thanks for all the advise, stories, well wishes .. I'm feeling better already.. [​IMG]

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] I'm sorry, as other suggested a nice long soak in a warm/hot bath!

I got halfway through your story and I felt the pain in my shin from getting kicked BACK trying to start a bike.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by