Motorhome insurance

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by michickenwrangler, Apr 15, 2011.

1. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    About how much is 6 months of motorhome insurance on a small Class B Ford E350?

I'm looking into buying one, but I'm afraid of the cost of insurance. I found one on CL for a good price, low miles that I plan on looking at tomorrow.

I pay about $1200/6 months for both of my vehicles, a 2003 1/2 Chevy truck and a 2006 Ford Escape. How much more would a motorhome be? There is no bathroom in it, btw if that makes a difference. (doesn't it?)

Thanks

2. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    i paid 327 for 12 months on a class A motorhome, through progressive, i also pay almost 1200 in auto insurance for 6 months.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  3. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Should be around 40.00 a month in the 90's models (we have a class c close to the same motor size) Your car insurance seems high, maybe it is just your area but I have an 2009 3/4 ton truck and and 2011 suv and a ours runs 89.00 a month, maybe I should stop complaining about my rates [​IMG]
    You can also call your insurance carrier and get an approximate cost, I have not bought vehicles after doing that! You should shop around for new insurance coverage considering there are usually good discounts for more vehicles than drivers, especially if you have a good driving record.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  4. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    Look to your insurance agent BEFORE you buy the motorhome.
    Shop around if you want to.

We only pay insurance on ours for the summer...3, 4 months max.
    Generally bought and sold in the same year. The only time I kept
    one over the winter, it set in the garage with no insurance.

But my best guess would be in the $35.00 - $50.00 a month range.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by