Mottled and Lavender D'uccles?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bantiesrule, Aug 16, 2010.

1. bantiesrule

bantiesrule Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Long Prairie, MN
    I got some OEGB eggs from this site. They didn't mark the eggs but said there may be some Mottled and Lavender D'uccles eggs in there also. So I put them all in the incubator and ended up with four that have feathered feet. I don't see how they could be either color. They are still young-hatched May 31st. The first pullet might be a mottled but the second one has alot of red on her. As for the cockerals, they both are darker then I would expect for mottled and none are a lavender. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, I've never had D'uccles before, should their feet be more feathered by now or is this right for their age?

2. Aframechickens191

Aframechickens191 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    NW Ohio
    They all look like mixed breed EEs to me [​IMG] but they are extremely handsome [​IMG] congrats!

Just curious-- not sure what breed the one in the background of the 3rd pic is, but he looks like a blue laced red something... hes so pretty, do you know what kind he is?

3. solarquail

solarquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    Virginia
    None of those are D'uccles...there old english game bantams crosses

4. solarquail

Aug 27, 2009
    Virginia
    but the blue rooster in the third pic looks to be a blue red OEGB..... unless he has feather feet....

5. bantiesrule

bantiesrule Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Long Prairie, MN
    The rooster in the background of the third picture is an oeg mixed color. His dad is a selfblue and mom is either a Mille Fluer OEG hen or the following hen. Which brings up another question. When I bought her, I was told she was a fawn hen but I didn't realize that there is more than one color of fawn. That I now know of there is silver, silver duckwing, and gold and probably more. Anyone know what she is?

[​IMG]

Thanks for any input on both posts. [​IMG]

6. solarquail

Aug 27, 2009
    Virginia
    shes definetly not a fawn silver duckwing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by