Mottled Cochin Bantam X Standard Rhode Island Red Hen or Tetra Tint

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LilyWhite, Jan 9, 2013.

1. LilyWhite

LilyWhite Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2012
    Reidsville, NC
    I just hatched some eggs about 4 day ago and I have 2 black chickens that have feathers on there feet. The egg was from either a RIR or a Tetra tint hen due to the size... Will the chick grow up to be a standard sized chicken or medium or small. I hatched some bantam eggs also and they are 2 times smaller than the others. :) He was a sneaky little guy. I would not have tought that would have happend haha! Very cute though. They are black with white tips on the wings and feathers on there little feet.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    All of my bantam x standards have come out somewhere in between the two. Some bigger, some smaller. I bet they're super cute, you should post pictures (hint, hint ;) ).
    Nikki

3. LilyWhite

Jul 29, 2012
    Reidsville, NC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I know the father is a mottled cochin but not sure if the mother is a RIR or a Tetra Tint. One has black feet and legs and the other has orange. They are both so cute!

4. LilyWhite

Jul 29, 2012
    Reidsville, NC
    [​IMG]
    The mother of this guy is a birchen cochin bantam but I'm don't know who the daddy is. I think it is the RIR cuz I see him around her a lot.

5. LilyWhite

Jul 29, 2012
    Reidsville, NC
    Can they be sexed by color?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by