Mottled Cochin Pair

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by RhodeRunner, Jul 21, 2011.

1. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    2 month-old pair of Mottled Cochins for sale. We were told the parents were Non-Hatchery Stock, but the person whom bred the parent's name was lost as the birds traveled from home to home. We hatched these chicks from the parents pictured below.

We have played with these birds since they hatched. They are not shy birds, and sometimes nibble whomever is handling them.

Local Pickup Only: 15046 PA about 30 min from Ohio, and 30 min from Pittsburgh

The Parents
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Their Chicks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More photos and information concerning our Mottled Cochins can be found at http://jcpoultry.com/
    We
    also have more birds for sale on our website including
    Bantam: White Cochins, Buff Barred Cochins, Mottled Cochins, and White Silkies
    Largefowl: Dark Brahma, Partridge Chantecler, and Easter Egger

2. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Its a shame we aren't a little closer. I was checking out your website the other day wondering if my husband would allow a trip all the way across the state for chickens... I am after some nice mottled bantam Cochins for my Mille Fleur project. =/

3. RhodeRunner

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Quote:The tease of being in the same state, but so far away. [​IMG]
    Hopefully, you can find some nice mottleds a little closer to home!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  4. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    I doubt it, but is there a chance that, if I could get my husband talked into a road trip, would you meet us on the eastern side of Pittsburgh someplace?

5. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    Pretty rooster, he looks like a Jamie Matts rooster to me (I have one too, and saw someone else's and they all have a very similar look to them).

6. RhodeRunner

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Quote:I will be sending you a PM shortly, to see if we can work something out.

7. RhodeRunner

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Quote:Thanks. It is possible that he is from Jamie Matts, considering I have no idea where he came from. A fellow whom took a look at them said our boy didn't have as much cushion as his Jamie Matt's rooster. Still, he is a handsome fellow.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by