MOTTLED COCHINS in the bator!!!!! I am SO EXCITED!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SGM, Oct 28, 2008.

1. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    They're only on day 5 right now. I am beside myself excited. I really want these eggs to hatch. I have 20 Blue and Black Mottled Cochins in there that I won on eggbid and 8 more assorted Cochin eggs from ebay in there. I can't wait!!!! Should I candle now or should I fight the unbelievable temptation and wait till Thursday or Friday??????? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Please develop and hatch little chickies!!!!!!!

2. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:I'm soooo jealous, Oh wait I have a Trio of Bantam Mottleds, I just have to get my butt in gear and go get them.......
    Are the LF or Bantam

3. SGM

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Bantam. I'm more partial to the bantams. I've never had large Cochins before. I just love Cochins though!!!! I might have to candle half of the Mottled eggs today and more tomorrow and do tha last 8 Thursday. [​IMG] I can't wait!!!!!

4. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    If you love Bantams, you will absolutely love the Large ones. I have both and my Large ones are big fluffy sweethearts.

I just got a White Frizzle Hen to go with my White Bantam Rooster, can't wait for eggs!!!!!

5. SGM

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Really? I might have to get some in the spring then.

I can't wait for eggs too. I have one mature Cochin and he's with a mixed pullet for company. She'll start laying soon. None of my other Cochins are laying yet. I can't wait either!!!

6. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:I have my Buff Orp in the pen with my big Black Cochin Rooster, I hatched some eggs earlier and got mixes, hubby calls them Orchins. I gave the mix roo away but kept the hen for the layer pen.

7. SGM

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    [​IMG] That's hilarious! Orchins. Haha

Guess what!!!!!!!! I just candled them all. Yes I couldn't help myself. Tried to make it short and sweet. Just to get an idea of whether or not it was going well.

I have 18 of 20 Blue & Black Mottled Cochins developing and 4 of the 8 Mixed color Cochins developing! I saw embryos and nice dark blobs. YAY!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I AM SO THRILLED!!!!!!!

These are all shipped eggs and the ones who came from LA faired very well. The ones from VA I think it was, 4 were scrambled. I didn't candle that batch before setting them and as a result didn't know 4 were scrambled. Still! 4 are developing!!!! YES~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could just scream I'm so happy!!!!!!

8. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Sometime december cochins will be my last eggs to hatch for this year. Then next year I am done hatching.... for a while

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  9. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Speckledhen asked me when I was going to be done hatching for the year, I told her

Dec 31 [​IMG]

10. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Quote:Speckledhen asked me when I was going to be done hatching for the year, I told her

Dec 31 [​IMG]

Lol DGF Hates when I get more eggs but the day they hatch she has to hear the peeping and then say awwww!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by