1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Mottled Japanese Bantam Eggs--- Ready to Ship 4/6

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by crzy4peafowl, Apr 4, 2009.

1. crzy4peafowl

crzy4peafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2008
    Texas
    I will have 6 Mottled Japanese Eggs for sure by this afternoon. Any extra that I pick up tomorrow will also be included. I usually have more eggs to offer but some of my girls have gone broody. Price including shipping by priority mail with delivery confirmation is $15.00

PM if you are interested an I will send my information

[​IMG]

NOTE: also have bantam cochin eggs available. check out my other posting

2. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Just wanted to say that I have 4 very nice chicks from crzy4peafowl's Japanese eggs. They are really doing well.

3. crzy4peafowl

Sep 5, 2008
    Texas
    Thanks Becky

We were at the Fancy Feathers 4-H Poultry Show today. One of my mottled japanese hens took Best of Variety.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  4. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    That's great! I don't know why these aren't being snatched up. It is a great price. If I had any money right now, I would take these and the cochins, lol.
    Becky

5. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    I am really interested. what is the short leg status of your breeding stock? Is this a recognized ABA variety? Sorry, I don't know too much about them yet, just learning.

6. crzy4peafowl

Sep 5, 2008
    Texas
    In my hatches at home in a group of 12 eggs 3 hatched with short legs, 2 died in the egg, 1 died early in shell(blood line) 6 hatched with the longer legs. One of my hens tends to produce chicks with the short legs but she does not lay as profusely as the others do. Right now, many of my hens have gone broody that's why I offered the 6 but now another one of them has gone broody so all I was able to pick up yesterday was 4. I am waiting to see if I can make the 6.

7. p/shall

p/shall Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    Oxford Junction, IA
    Sold if you still have them.PMed you

8. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    You don't want all short legged breeders anyway.

They carry a dominant gene for extremely short legs which makes them appear to creep along, almost sliding on their wings. This gene becomes lethal when two short-legged birds are mated together, with a percentage of chicks failing to hatch.

http://users.tpg.com.au/terryt/breeds/inf2.html

9. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    No, but you gotta have at least one, and a lot of these for sale don`t have any short leg. So I,m looking for some where I can get at least a breeding pair with at least one short leg.

10. cherig22

cherig22 Green Fields Farm

Sep 2, 2008
    SW Missouri
    Quote:Won't they walk funny? [​IMG]

With 'at least one short leg'.....

Cheri

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by