Mottled Japanese Cockrel 6 months old

Beth G.

Gaetano Family Farm
9 Years
Jun 26, 2010
New Haven County Connecticut
Hello,

I currently have a cute little Serama Boy for sale. I do not breed this breed therefore I do not know much about him. I am actually posting him for a friend that lives in the next town over and doesn't use the internet.

If you need any information please email me and I will call her for anything you need to know. I do know this boy came from a breeder here in Durham, CT but, I do not know the womans name only that she shows this breed.

61583_serma_roo.jpg

61583_serema_roo_3.jpg

Thanks for looking
smile.png

Last edited:
I honestly know nothing about this breed what so ever I'm sorry. This is my friends bird and I actually asked another Serama person in a PM their advice about this guy. Maybe he is
hu.gif
Could you help me figure this out for them? This little boy is soo little and cute I feel bad he doesn't have the right home to be himself and be with others like him. Right now he's hanging out with my Silkie Cockrel Juvies but, I can tell he'd love to have some female companionship
wink.png

Quote:

Last edited:
Serama are supposed to have upright tails, yellow legs, and red earlobes. The main difference between Serama and Japs is their size and their wings. If you can get him to stand up on the table it would be easier to determine what he is.

ok great thank you tomorrow I will try to do that. When he's in the pen he stands with his tail upright, his head is held high, he has his wings kinda like point down not like a normal chicken. He does has yellow legs and his earlobes look red. But, I will do as you said maybe get him to get in that stance I see Serama's in and should I try to weigh him?
Quote:

Take pictures of him in the pen if that's where he's most comfortable. Sounds like probably a Serama to me, but I've yet to see one with such good mottling, they are usually pretty messy.

Any idea how much he weighs and how old he is?

ETA: Just saw the rest of your post (weight). If you have a scale that weighs in grams and/or ounces you really should get his weight. If he is under a year old he should be around 14 ounces, if over 1 year he should be about 16.

Last edited:
smile.png
Thank you for helping!!! I just want him to find a new forever home!

I will weigh him tomorrow. It's pitch black here now. I will also take the pic prior to getting him in his comfortable surroundings too.

Thanks again I really appreciate your help!!
Quote:

Hi, I had a friend ove this weekend. We weighed him and he was 17 ounces. She told me she is convinced he is a Japanese. So I guess I need to do a name change
wink.png
Thanks for helping me out!!!
Quote:

Wow Beth, too bad we couldn't find someone looking for a trio of mott japs, a good friend on mine brought two hens over today for me to take to a poultry swap next weekend. One of the hens has been shown.
smile.png

49849_dsc06593.jpg

49849_dsc06595.jpg

Back
Top Bottom