Mottled Orps and Black Orp Pullet pics

Julie in Al

Songster
13 Years
Jan 18, 2007
Dothan, Al
Can you tell I have had a few minutes to shoot pics today. I am raising up this young nearly five month mottled cockeral and he is looking good. He has a great personality too. His name is Spot. He follows me like a dog. I hope to have my hen here by Thanksgiving to breed him too. He hasn't grown up enough for a hen yet.
100_3126.jpg

These are some black pullets same age.They are huge

100_3119.jpg

Good looking crew, Julie! I do like the Mottled Orps as well as the Blues. I'm going to post a picture of my younger pullet, Skye. You've already seen Velvet and I'd like your opinion of how she's shaping up. Skye is 24 weeks old now.

I've only got one blue orp (a young cockerel). All my other orps are buff.... hope to add a little more color to their flock soon !!!

I've only seen pics of mottled orps, but he is pretty. Please post pics when the hen arrives so we can all be envious !!!

LOL

Julie
smile.png

Thanks Julie, This is a picture of the hen. She is His mother. I don't anyone else breeding mottles so I am going to have to line breed and then use blacks to improve. His father was black.
100_2544.jpg

Ewe, I met some breeders at a show in Fl. and they are the ones I got exhibition size from in the black. We traded some eggs and chicks and chickens and I ended up with the mottled as a day old. They did not think it was going to be mottled when I called them but alas he did turn our that way. They bought from a breeder getting out of business. He had only the mottled hen. Some gigantic white hens, but the roo was deceased, So they have been trying to Get a white Roo. I called them and ask if they wanted the Mottled cockeral to breed back to hen and they said they would give her to me to work on and give them them some credit when I get color up and going. I have no idea what colors you would have to breed to produce mottled. I was assuming it was a gene thing. Hopefully I will get a book this month I have been waiting on on Orpingtons that will help me. If you here of anyone with Mottled or Jubilee let me know.

If you dont mind me asking could I get that breeders info.? Or maybe I can just buy so more hatching eggs from you.
big_smile.png

I don't have their Website but I will be glad to find out by phone if they are selling anything and want their email addy given out. I will have eggs availble The last week of Oct if you are interested you can email me for price. Thanks Julie Ps. In Blue/Black/Splash colors

Hello Julie in Al. Where were you several months ago when I was searching in vain for Mottled Orpingtons. I would love some hatching egg or even a pullet if you are near Memphis. They are Beautiful! If you are selling any eggs or birds please let me know.

Adam

Adam if you know of anyone else who is working with this color I would like to know. I only have the cockeral right now and am making arrangements to get the one and only hen I know of that color. It will be a year or so before I will have any eggs for that color if I get these two breeding and get eggs hatching from them.

Back
Top Bottom