1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mottled Silkie (white mottled black, white mottled lavender, white mottled chocolate)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Topgirl, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Topgirl

Topgirl New Egg

Sep 19, 2011
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Rachel, I'm from Europe!
    Here after seeing the Amazing White mottled black of dawn danna we started to work on mottling in silkie feather!There are about 4 silkie breeders in Europe that are working on
    I'm working on 3 type of mottling
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this is White mottled lavender, ice effect
    [​IMG]

This is a chocolate, mottling carrying of a french friend

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  2. Topgirl

Topgirl New Egg

Sep 19, 2011
    [​IMG]

This is an over mottled, not a paint

3. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Your first photo looks like one of my early mottles--he was hysterically mottled.

4. Topgirl

Topgirl New Egg

Sep 19, 2011
    yeah!There are 2 selective addresses, that wants to reproduce exactly the mottled pattern, with a regular repartition..and that with no care of White spot size and its repartition
    Great to hear you!!i follow this fantastic forum since some year and I read a lot of your posts that teached me genetics. My silkie book has dedicates to Sigrid, Suze (you :), Danny and Angela that for sure you know :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by