@#$**& mountain lion

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by simplysophie, Dec 10, 2011.

1. simplysophie

simplysophie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2011
    Mountain lion killed two of our four black australorps. Hagrid is standing guard by the dead ones....... and buttons my favorite and a special needs chicken is missing along with two others. I want buttons to come back..... any idea where they other ones might be?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  2. simplysophie

simplysophie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2011
    3 found dead, buttons and the remaining black australorp came back!

3. Shireshome

Shireshome Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Glad to hear you got your hens back, sounds like you need some major electric fencing up, quick!

4. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Big Gun!! If I had children & this cat killed any of my livestock. We call it protecting yourself & your animals where I live.

5. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

I think it's illegal to shoot a mountain lion, better check with Fish and Game before getting a huge fine.

6. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    Glad Buttons made it home!!!!Be carefull.

7. Sorry to here about you chickens. I can sympathize. Although, I have never had a mountain lion get to any of my chickens.

Mountain lions are certainly around here but I just never see them. Although a few years ago one mountain lion attacked one guy (a man on a bike trail) and bit another jogger (lady on the same trail) right out side of San Diego. They are stealthy. If my memory serves me well I think they found the lion at night using heat detection and shot it.

8. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    Tracy........runnin faster than 70 on the interstate is illegal also and I still see it every day. So does it really matter? It's even against to law to text and drive here. Does anybody care? Don't seem like it.

For your sake I pray a ML doesn't get after a child of yours. You aren't allowed to help your own child. What a disaster that would be.

9. Mike Winters

Mike Winters Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2011
    SSS and dont brag about killing it. a ML will be more then happy to eat a kid or all ur other pet if they think they have a chance.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  10. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Ever since I put an electric fence up around my birds nothing has gotten them. I have heard critters touch the wire and I can guarantee they don't come back for more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by