mountain lions

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by kbeagle, Sep 10, 2009.

1. kbeagle

kbeagle CHICKEN AND QUAIL LADY

Need some help here, i got a friend heard and see the mountain lions around the coop couple of nights ago, and she don't know what to do to keep her chickens safe, anyone here got any suggestions.

2. karl lutz

karl lutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    huge live trap! conservation agent may be able to help need to trap and relocate! He or she will be a problem to everyone soon if he hunts farm animals.

3. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    sorry, i don't know what you could do but that sounds so scary.

4. kbeagle

kbeagle CHICKEN AND QUAIL LADY

how big should she build it? she has contact the locals conserbation agents too. they have told her and her husband to try to trap the mountain lion.

5. skywatcher

skywatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Arlington,Indiana
    Wow a mountain lion is really dangerious.I am surprised the DNR or game department won't trap it themselves. Will they let you shoot the mountain lion or poision it? I am uncertain I could build a cage to hold it unless I had a welder & alot of money. Hope to hear back that mountain lion promblem is solved. Best wishes

6. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    *It is the responsibility of the person with the predator to determine the legalities of what they do and that person will take ultimate responsibility. BYC does not condone illegal acts.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2009
  7. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Electric fences

8. K8tieCat

K8tieCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Northern California
    Yes, you'd best be careful up there in Garden Valley. Not too long ago a mountain lion ate a lady who was messing with some cubs on the river near Auburn.

*It is the responsibility of the person with the predator to determine the legalities of what they do and that person will take ultimate responsibility. BYC does not condone illegal acts.

9. Big C

Big C J & C Farms

Dec 15, 2008
    Vernon Texas
    Gov agency if this does not work next since they will likely "get to it" when they have the time... second.

10. mikesbigroo

mikesbigroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Altamont
    play a radio on like a 24 hour talk show, works for me

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by