Mountain Quail Eggs

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Exoticwings, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Exoticwings

Exoticwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2013
    California
    Hello everyone,
    I would like to ask everyone for some help. I'm trying to find someone who has Mountain quails. I would like to buy some eggs this spring. I have raised Mt. quails before and I'm trying to start raising them again. The person that I use to buy them from has changed his phone number and I have no way of contacting him. Can anyone please give me some names and phone numbers so I can contact them. I'm looking to buy 4 or 5 dozen eggs. Any information that anyone can give me is greatly appreciated.. Thank you so much for all your help...
    Exoticwings....

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    It would help to let us know what state you are in.I know a guy in Ma that raises them and he does sell eggs.I don't know if he could handle 4 or 5 dozen in 1 shipment,as I don't know how many breeding pairs he has.
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. Exoticwings

Jan 31, 2013
    California
    Tony,
    I'm in California. I'm trying to see if would ship the eggs. I know it will be hard to get 4 or 5 dozen at the same time. I would be ordering a dozen at a time if possible. My goal is to get about 5 dozen total. That is a nice picture of your Satyr Tragopan.. Thanks for your help..
    Sal

4. drowe005

drowe005 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Corapeake NC
    I plan on selling some of my mountain quail eggs this year. I've got a smaller colony from from 4 unrelated bloodlines. I live in Virginia, so that's your call on the distance. I've purchased eggs from Utah before and had 75% hatch rate with the mountain quails. I haven't quite decided on the price yet, but out of curiosity, what were you expecting to pay? Just wanted to make sure we were in the same price range and that you understood the costs of them. Just let me know if you might be interested, thanks.

5. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Hi Sal,
    No one listed in the APWS having mountain quail.Aren't they wild in Ar.?Road trip.That is a Temminick male,but I do have Satyrs also.What species of pheasants do you raise?I know a guy that has a siamese and a bornean hen for sale if you are interested.
    In N.H.,Tony.

6. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Joe Wiseman in Ut has them.I can go thru my directory and find a few people that raise them if you'd like.
    In N.H.,Tony.

7. londonbridges

londonbridges Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    houlton maine
    Hi just sold the rest of my breeders to a breeder in yorba linda california.This would be good for you because if you are close you could pick them up , or it would be an next day ship My breeders that i sold had great fertility and 4 or 5 different bloodlines in them. did not have time mountains are alot more work than other quail to raise as you would know and my work schedule just did not give me the time now but next year i plan on buying eggs or started birds out of the stock i sold and raise them again.His name is Ken Johnson, in yorba linda his phone no. is 714-779-5421 Ken said he was going to sell eggs, i would contact him because he may have a limited supply because he may raise some to. last year my fertility was about 85% to 90% which is good on mountains . Doug

8. Exoticwings

Jan 31, 2013
    California
    Doug,
    Thank you for the information. I called ken and he said he wasn't sure if he was going to sell any eggs. So I asked him if he would sell any Mt. quails. He told me 150.00 a pair, which I think that's pretty high for Mt. quails. I will keep on looking. Thank you everyone for all your help.. Sal

9. Exoticwings

Jan 31, 2013
    California
    Tony,
    I would appreciate it if you would. If I can get some names and phone numbers. That would be great. Thank you... Sal

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by