Mounting females?! and egg question??!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by happy duck, Aug 10, 2018 at 11:54 AM.

1. happy duck

happy duck Crowing

Mar 24, 2018
    Small town
    My Coop
    I know females will mount to show dominance, but I would love more clarity. I have seriously had all my ducks standing like a tower. Girl on the bottom followed by another girl, girl, and then drake. Like 4 pancakes just stacked up!!!:gig I would love to know more about this behavior. I have also seen my girls limp before(mainly the smallest) and I am wondering if that has to do with it. My ducks are all over 4 months. Happy late 4 month b-day ducks(it was august 2)!! I have also(today) saw my girl maybe poop....she had this thicker poop. It looked kinda like it was the liquid in a egg. There was no shell just a tiny tiny puddle of clear thick liquid . I would like to know about this too. I can make 2 different threads if I need to just I was wondering if it has something to do with each other. Thanks!!

2. TSOWOATNKC

TSOWOATNKC Songster

Jun 11, 2018
    During the crazy drake rampage we had a couple weeks ago, one of my tiny little female runners stood on the back of one of my largest geese. It was pretty hilarious looking.

happy duck likes this.
  3. chickens really

chickens really Crazy Call Duck Momma Premium Member

Hello..Not dominance. Sexuality in Ducks is high. If eating and drinking good and water to constantly clean nares the poop changes to what ever they are consuming..

happy duck likes this.
  4. happy duck

happy duck Crowing

Mar 24, 2018
    Small town
    My Coop
    Thanks! So are you saying that my girls are trying to mate?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: