Mouse Hunt

rides2far

Songster
8 Years
Dec 9, 2014
Bakersfield California
Oh, my gosh. Tonight I went out to tuck in my girls. I close & lock the pop door, then I go inside the coop to check on everyone & look for eggs. Well, tonight when I turned on the light, a mouse started running around. My SLW saw it & came off the roost. Between her chasing it, & my jumping & squealing, we woke up everyone! The chase was on. Finally, my light Brahma, Big Sister, got it. She smashed it on the ground & shook it. Finally, she swallowed it whole. It was so amazing!

WOW! That must have been awesome! Glad your girls got it and now you won't have to worry about running in to it again
yesss.gif

Once I heard a desperate squeak and some kind of businesslike quacking, like a conversation. I went to see what the matter was. It turned out that ducks drive a mouse, grab it, drop it, and run after it. And they run so interestingly, as though they had intentionally built themselves up in some sort of battle order.
And they always catch and eat frogs. One duck catches a frog, but can not swallow it at once, runs with it, and the others quack and want to take it.

Back
Top Bottom