mouse in the coop?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ky chicks, Apr 25, 2009.

1. ky chicks

ky chicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2009
    We are converting a shed into a chicken coop, and while cleaning it out today, we found a mama and 3 baby mice. Do we need to remove them, or will they be okay in there? Thanks.

2. R@ndy

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2009
    Taneytown
    The Chickens will make a quick meal out of them for sure

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Well, if the chickens see them they will eat them. If you allow them to grow up they will eat your feed big time and leave diseases around the coop.

4. DixieDame67

DixieDame67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2008
    Jonesbourgh Tennessee
    Yesss they will eat them, i moved a kennel not long ago and 2 or 3 mice flew out and there was a nest of six tiny little mice, my chickens went crazy killing and eating mice, i grabbed 4 of the babys and got on here immediately, it freaked me out, several post later most everyone said to feed the babys to the chickens , they wouldn't survive without there moma , so next morning i tossed the babys into the coop, [​IMG]:barnie tore me up to, i love all animals oh and couple days ago my SLW got another mouse , she beat the stuffing out of it then ate it i watched her, [​IMG]

Dixie

5. yodercountrygirl

yodercountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

A good mouse is a dead mouse!!! [​IMG]

6. ky chicks

ky chicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2009
    Wow, thanks. I will try to relocate the mice--it may not work, but I will feel better for trying. I didn't even think of the chickens eating them. I love BYC! This was my second question, and I get almost instant responses! Thank you everyone!

7. Foxhound lady

Foxhound lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    TX baby!
    If you dont move the mice either the chickens will get it or the rat snakes will.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by