mouse in the coop

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by kevin b, Nov 15, 2014.

1. kevin b

kevin b New Egg

Mar 25, 2014
    who is out there can give me some good sujestions to stop this . today for the first time a mouse trying to feed in my chiken coop, please advbise , i want to continue raising my chiken, not mouse. if i donot stop it now. i know they will multitued in short time.

2. gawildlife

gawildlife Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2014
    Hampton, GA
    Nothing beats the professional model large pan victor snap trap. I use it for rats, mice and flying squirrels.
    [​IMG]

The victor tin cat is the best "just in case" that should be in every coop. I keep some under my hive stands in the beeyard as well. Takes advantage of a mouses natural curiosity.
    [​IMG]

I highly recommend these bait stations to set up a perimeter defense following eradication of a rodent population. They can be used either with a rodenticide bait, best option, or snap traps. If you use rodenticide be sure to use weatherproof blocks and secure them with the supplied rods, no loose baits please. Also rotate your baits by mode of action every three months to prevent resistance.
    [​IMG]

Of course the smaller standard mouse trap has it's place as well.
    [​IMG]

I purchase all of my supplies from Wildlife Control Supplies.
    http://www.wildlifecontrolsupplies....html?Per_Page=15&Sort_By=disp_order&Offset=15

3. gawildlife

gawildlife Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2014
    Hampton, GA
    Don't forget to exclude rodents, if possible, by closing any opening larger than 1/2" or screening with 1/4" hardware cloth. If you plug holes do not use steel wool, it rusts, use copper. You can purchase it by the roll, expensive (WCS), or pick up some copper pot scrubbers at you local five and dime.

4. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

I keep an electronic Rat Zapper trap in both my coops at all times. No poison, no way for the chickens to get caught in any traps, just clean, efficient kills. Dump out the dead mouse and set the trap back in place. It's also a good idea to put feeders away at night.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by