Mouse Majic and Peppermint

dogzrule5

Songster
11 Years
Apr 14, 2008
Sanford, NC
Hey everybody,

I took the advice of JJThink and bought some Mouse Magic, which is a mouse deterrant made of peppermint oil, spearmint oil and another natural ingredient (not cedar).

I just put the packets in my barn yesterday so don't have an update on how well it works, but my barn sure smells great!!!

Since my barn has a dirt floor, I'm thinking of planting a few springs of peppermint in there and put some chicken wire in front of it to keep the birds off of it. Maybe it will help keep the snakes out too. What do you think about this idea???
hmm.png

I sure will let you know!

I still have one black snake (that I know of) somewhere in the barn. The only thing I want left in there are my chickens and geese. I've been working very hard to bring my little barn up the the BYC standards!
lol.png

Did you see my post last night about my hubby almost getting bit by a Copperhead in the chicken run. We put out mothballs today. I don't know if they work but as strong as they smell it won't hurt.

No - I haven't logged on for a few days but will search for it.

I've heard that about mothballs too and have some sprinkled here and there. I put a bunch in the barn a couple of years ago, but probably went overboard. I swear the eggs had a funny taste to them - yuck!

Phyllis

I want too plant mint out by my coops too-It6 is on my to -do list-maybe penyroyal and tansy as they are supposed to repel insects too

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom