Mouthy rooster

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by shastagoose, May 13, 2008.

1. shastagoose

shastagoose Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2008
    We have a young rooster "woody", He just found his crow. But now.............. he just won't quit! Like clockwork, 5:15 am and every 15 seconds for hours:, any suggestions??

2. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    I think that is what your stuck with unless you cull him. [​IMG]

3. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I don't think there's any way to control it.

4. antiquebuff

antiquebuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    You may just have to learn to enjoy it! If you do let me know how..............[​IMG]

5. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    That's just a rooster being a rooster! [​IMG]

Our boys crow at night, too! They crow at the neighbors security lights, cars passing by at all odd hours of the night and still have the energy to crow while the sun's shining. [​IMG]

Luckily, we're in the country and the neighbors all enjoy hearing them. Fresh eggs passed along to them, weekly, help too! [​IMG]

Dawn

6. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Some roosters don't crow nearly as often -- just an individual temperament thing. Maybe you could get a quieter one, because every 15 seconds would drive me nuts!

7. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Drumstick wouldn't shut up when he found his voice. He was crowing at a month old! [​IMG]
    He finally settled down once he got a little bit older. Maybe you should give your guy some time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by