Moveable electric fence during daylight hours for fox/dog prevention

$500?! How much are you trying to get it. I don’t use movable electric fence so don’t know the normal prices but know plenty of people who do

That's for only 100 feet....you gotta have a fence energizer, etc. I can't believe it's that expensive either. I heard electric fencing was cheap but this is not , so surely I am missing something.

As soon as I have a chance today I will talk to some people I know that do use electric fence. The power packs are expensive. I’ve looked at those for other things in my yard. A regular one I believe was close to $200 and the solar powered one that I wanted was like $400. Where did you find the fencing you were looking at?

As soon as I have a chance today I will talk to some people I know that do use electric fence. The power packs are expensive. I’ve looked at those for other things in my yard. A regular one I believe was close to $200 and the solar powered one that I wanted was like $400. Where did you find the fencing you were looking at?

Thank you Rachel. I know some people use strands of electric fence but I guess that wouldn't keep out a fox. Premier fence has the complete kit. I just don't know enough about electric fencing, despite doing a bit of googling yesterday.

If the strands were close enough together I think it would keep out a fox. But when you put strands that close together you probably end up with close To what the cost of the fence itself would be. And if you want to keep out foxes it would be even harder with the strands to keep out smaller things that can also do some terrible damage. Like raccoons weasels in such. Couple buddies of mine are getting off work in the next couple hours I can ask them what type they have and how much it cost. Where were you looking for yours at? At their website?

oh and I’m sure this is a factor so I’ll go ahead and asked out how tall of a fence were you looking for? I think there’s anywhere from like 3 foot to really however how you want. Guess it depends on how high your chickens can jump Lol

If the strands were close enough together I think it would keep out a fox. But when you put strands that close together you probably end up with close To what the cost of the fence itself would be. And if you want to keep out foxes it would be even harder with the strands to keep out smaller things that can also do some terrible damage. Like raccoons weasels in such. Couple buddies of mine are getting off work in the next couple hours I can ask them what type they have and how much it cost. Where were you looking for yours at? At their website?

I really only have to worry about daytime. At night they are locked up tight. When I am gone they are inside the barn, locked in a corral...but when I'm home, I'm afraid the fox is going to sneak thru the fence while I'm inside.

Back
Top Bottom