Moved banties into the tractor last night.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by TwoChicks, Aug 30, 2010.

1. TwoChicks

TwoChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2010
    Greer, SC
    I had 5 bantams in the bathroom for way too long. Finally got the tractor ready and moved them in last night. The silkie and ee (not a banty, but too young for the big flock) found the nest boxes and tucked in immediately and cooed themselves to sleep. The golden sebright eventually snuck in and hopped on the roost, the Roo was in there on the ground snoring ....

I still had 3 banty pullets that did not figure out how to get in the "bedroom". I scooted them inside and they all came running back out. Will they eventually figure out it's FUN in the nestbox room?

2. User66184

User66184 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    East Coast, Virgina
    Tractor?!?!?!?!?

3. TwoChicks

TwoChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2010
    Greer, SC
    Lol. Well, not my Kubota, but a chicken tractor yes. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see them in the corner, one has wheels so you can move it. Half is an outdoor run (predator proofed) and the other half is an indoor coop with nestboxes, etc ... Basically just re-locatable coops with attached runs.

We got each of these for $25. The wheel alone on the one would have been close to $50 to buy. We've been refurbing them for a couple weeks and just got the farthest one finished. I'll take better pics of it tonight. Ron did a GREAT job with it.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by