Moved chicks to big coop.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by marlene, Oct 6, 2011.

1. marlene

marlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    I moved my chicks out side in a tempory small coop monday and they did well, today i moved a small dog kennel in to the big coop for them, hopefully the older girls will get used to seeing them and make it easier when they get integrated. They can see each other but the chicks are behind wire in their kennel for their own safety, During the day i will be putting the chicks in a rabbit run on their own but within the big girls run so they can still see each other.
    How long do you think i should keep them in the kennel and seperate run before i let them all loose together?
    By the way in the big coop is 2 hens and 2 chicks that are 2 months old.

2. marlene

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    Any one with advise please [​IMG]

3. Campesina

Campesina Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2011
    I'm surprised no one has answered yet.
    I am new so I won't even guess.
    I just wondered how the new babies are.
    Good luck !!

4. marlene

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    Thanks for your reply [​IMG], the chicks are doing great outside, running around all day in their rabbit run, they love it. The worry now is 1 of my hens who is desperatelly trying to peck at them through the wire of their run, and she is not impressed that these chicks are in her space. Put up another post on here today to ask advise and i was told to move the hen for a few days so i can integrate the chicks into the main coop, i just hope when i let her back she is going to behave herself with these chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by