Moved in to a new coop and chicken is confused.

azfordby4

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 1, 2010
Chandler, AZ
I moved my chicken in to a new coop. Today she layed an egg off of her roost. In the old coop she did not do that. In the old coop her nesting box was elevated with a platform in front of it. In the new coop the nesting box is just a few inches off the floor. Is she confused? Will she find her new nesting box? I hate that her egg just fell on the floor and broke open.

I agree with Mahonri. But i would also stick her in there with the golf ball or whatever - to make sure she sees it.

If that fails, and i doubt it will fail, you can wait until she's wanting to lay and block her into the nest box with a piece of chicken wire or something until she lays her egg. Once she lays it in there, she'll go back to lay it there again. I had to do this with one of my girls - the first in the flock to lay. But once i did that one time, i never had to worry about it again.

If your chicken lays brown eggs, would it matter that the golf ball is white?

Seems egg-ist. Like calling white paint "eggshell" when all my layers make brown or green eggs.

Like the Crayola Crayon called "flesh"... not so much, if you're not white
smile.png

And "skin-tone" Band-Aids.

Quote:
Tee hee!
big_smile.png

No, they don't care. You can paint them green and blue if you want to.

Is that how the pioneers made their Easter eggs? You paint the fake eggs the color you want the real eggs to be?
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom