moved to the garage and ...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by RECE*2C*, Nov 8, 2010.

1. RECE*2C*

RECE*2C* Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    oswego
    we moved are roosters to the garage yesterday and they have been crowing non stop! and they got in to a fight and i had to separate them for the night, they have never been apart at all. I feel like they dont like it in there or some thing, is there something i can do for them? [​IMG] and we can have them but we live in the city and i dont want animal control to come and try to take them because of the noise.

2. CoffeeCow

CoffeeCow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Washington, NC
    do they have a coop and run outside?
    do you have any pullets/hens?
    so many questions to answer before you can get any advice on this...

3. RECE*2C*

May 21, 2010
    oswego
    we made a little bit smaller coop in the garage for them and we moved there run in there for them
    we dont have any more chickens ... rooters or hens
    i have straw in thew bottom to keep them warm
    all the food dishes are the same and i put them in the same spot so it would be as easy as possible for them.
    any other other info you need?
    [​IMG]

4. BWKatz

BWKatz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    Most people don't mind them crowing during day. Anyway u can just put them in garage at night?

5. chickenboy21

chickenboy21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    RECE*2C* :

we moved are roosters to the garage yesterday and they have been crowing non stop! and they got in to a fight and i had to separate them for the night, they have never been apart at all. I feel like they dont like it in there or some thing, is there something i can do for them? [​IMG] and we can have them but we live in the city and i dont want animal control to come and try to take them because of the noise.

you can distract them for a while by giving them fresh produce or scratch goodluck​

6. RECE*2C*

May 21, 2010
    oswego
    sorry its taken me a while to get back on here to thank all that have replied ... they are great ideas.

i dont mind the crowing it the neighbors in worried about i dont really know then and one old lady us-to go in my back yard for god knows what! but she has call animal control and said that i never feed them or cleaned the coop. (they said to call the cop for trespassing if she comes in again) the reason they are in the garage is because we get to much snow for me to get back there to feed them when it does snow.

i have been giving them fruits and things to play with and eat and it has helped a lot (i have really always given them stuff but i tried new stuff)

i have another question ... does anyone elses crow like 2 or 3 hours before the sun comes up? they have been doing this sense it got cold.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by