Moved: Ugh... stuck "between a rock and a hard place!"

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Daddas1Punkin, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Daddas1Punkin

Daddas1Punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Well, yesterday was my 10 yo. cousin's b-day. She is not having a party till Sat. the 26. Two weeks ago I was invited to a baby shower of my good friend's girlfriend. ON THE 26TH! I said Yes and that I would help with the cupcakes, but we need 72 and we're going to be busy ALL morning on that. My cuz lives about 30-45 min.s away, and the baby shower is next door to my house. I am "between a rock and a hard place". I haven't seen my cousin in a loooooooong time, but my friends are important to me, and their whole family is going to be there, including some people I haven't seen in a loooooooooooong time too! What should I do? Going to talk to my bf (best friend, not boyfriend, lol) in about an hour about. Maybe make the cupcakes Fri. and then ask if her party is in the morning, that way we could do both...? Maybe, I really don't know what to do!!!!!! HELP!

Thanks, Elysia

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

The cupcakes will be OK the next day if you make them the night before. Just let them cool down and ice them, then put them in an airtight container.

Not airtight, stale the next day!

If you have committed to an engagement, then you are committed! Not your fault.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  3. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    I know it's not my fault, but I wanna be at both! [​IMG]Thanks though...

4. These moments are stressful :(

Which do you REALLY want to go to? Maybe you could make the cupcakes the night before, go to the baby shower first ( or which ever starts first) an tell the other one you will be a little late : ) at least you will be there for a little while, right?

5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I would say you should go to the baby shower because you committed to that first. Also, a baby shower only comes around once and since she's family I feel it would be more important to go to that. Unless you can figure out a way to attend both without being too stressed out about getting to both in the same day.

6. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    I REALLY want to go to the shower. But I think I'm going with your plan! Thanks!
    Thanks, I agree, I figure: B-day will probably start at about 10 am, takes an hour to get there, we usually stay for about 2 hrs, so that's 12 pm, then an hour back, 1 pm, then enough time to get changed (clothes, hair, shoes, etc...) that would only take about 20 min.s tops, that's 1:20, run next door and help set up then we're there! I think I can pull it off!!! YAY! Thank you guys!
    [​IMG]

7. missnu01

missnu01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2012
    I would just try to hit both parties. Perhaps just leave one of them a little early.

8. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

also a thought make the cupcakes the night before and drop them off then, if you get a flat tire or something you'll be okay, explain ahead of time and if you get a little late no hot water....

9. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    I'm gunna try! Today I'm going to talk to my best friend and tell him my plan. He is the one helping me with the cupcakes, so I need him to agree. I told his little bro the other day, but I don't think he told him cause he hasn't called me or come over to say we could do that. His bro kinda zoned out when I said my cousin's name, (he likes her!) So I don't think he got the message at all! lol
    kids!
    Yea, don't say flat tire! lol!!!! [​IMG] I'm NOT changing another flat tire!

10. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Okay, today is Saturday, no word from my aunt so it's ALL babyshower! Whoo Hoo!! Thanks guys! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by