movement at day seven?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Dzwina, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Dzwina

Dzwina Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2011
    Hello all!
    So I have been lurking on BYC for about three years now lol And have had various Chicks and chicken. But this is my first time incubating eggs, in a homemade bator! Its taken alot of work and watching but things have been going well, till last night when the temp got low, so I put a towel over half the top. Well when I got up this am the temp was at 106. This could not of gone on for more then two hours has I checked at around 5am then went back to bed.
    Well I candled the three eggs, which are local silkies and this is day seven. One had some veins and maybe a faint dark spot and a good air sack. But seems underdeveloped to me. The 2nd one looks great, nice veins, can see the little embryo. The 3rd I could see it moving around!! So do you think the first egg is ok, should I see movement in all three??
    Thank you!

2. tadpole98

tadpole98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Missouri
    sometimes they sleep. i usually only see a few moving around, especially at day 7. [​IMG] goodluck!!

3. Dzwina

Dzwina Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2011
    Is normal to not see much at all with the first egg? That's the blue silkie :(

4. tadpole98

tadpole98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Missouri
    sometimes they dont develop as fast but usually catch up [​IMG] if not then it went to be with Jesus [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by