Movie Question

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rocktheflock, Feb 20, 2009.

1. rocktheflock

rocktheflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Hey
    I have a question for ya'll. My friends and I have been asking everyone we know if they remember the name of this movie, because we can't for the life of us. Maybe some of you do.
    I'ts about these two girls- one of whom is a real tomboy and I don't think really has a home or family, and the other I think just moved into this small town- who go looking for gold in a mountain. Towards the end of the movie one the girls gets caught under a rock when the cave is filing with water and her arm gets broken, then when they think they find gold it turns out to be glowworms.
    Golly, what I typed out sounds really dumb!
    Anyway, maybe somebody on here knows what this movie is called, and if nobody does, then it will drive me crazy for the rest of my life trying to remember, so just know that my future sanity rests in your hands!lol

2. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    ...at the end of the movie the girls get help from an old lady and the get a gift of a bunch of gold.
    I saw it a month or so ago but was just flipping through the TV and landed on it.
    Sorry, don't know the name.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  3. rocktheflock

Jan 24, 2009
    SW Ohio
    yeah, that's the movie. apparently the title has passed out of modern knowledge.

4. seismic wonder2

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    something about like "maggies gold" or mine or something like that.

5. seismic wonder2

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    HAA! I found it!!!

Gold Diggers: The Secret of Bear Mountain (1995)
    Starring: Christina Ricci, Anna Chlumsky
    Directors: Kevin Dobson, Kevin J. Dobson
    Synopsis: There aren't many action-adventure films targeted at pre-teen girls, much less ones with talent the likes of Ricci. This adventure follows two teen girls searching for a legendary lost gold mine in the Pacific Northwest. Warning to parents: this film features a disturbing subplot about domestic abuse. (Universal)
    Runtime: 94 minutes
    MPAA Rating: PG
    Genres: Family, Kids

6. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Gold Diggers: The Secret of Bear Mountain
    (1995) PG
    This girl-bonding adventure stars Christina Ricci as Beth, a teenager who moves from Los Angeles to a small town in the Pacific Northwest, where she bonds with Jody (Anna Chlumsky), a troubled tomboy with an alcoholic mother (Diana Scarwid). On a whim, Beth and Jody head out to explore Bear Mountain, hoping to find the deserted gold mine that's rumored to exist within its caves. Polly Draper also stars.

?????

7. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I took too long to hit send.... LOL

8. rocktheflock

Jan 24, 2009
    SW Ohio
    yes! thankyou!
    huh, gold diggers is what i thought it was called, but it didn't come up on the blockbuster website, so apparently they don't have it, so we can't watch anyway. bittersweet victory.
    anyway, thanks guys!

9. seismic wonder2

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    I think it's a "made for TV" movie...somethimes if blockbuster don't have a movie, Netflix will.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by