Movie Review Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenlover54, Jul 3, 2011.

1. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Everyone post reviews of the movies they have recently seen. They can be old or new movies, we can use this as a reference to what movies we should see. Use a rating scale of 1-10 and feel free to write anything else you want about the movie.

I will start

Bridesmaids- I just saw this movie 3 days ago, I loved it. It was hysterical and I never stopped laughing through out the whole movie 10/10.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

i want to see what people think of Horrible Bosses and Bad Teacher.

3. catdaddy66

catdaddy66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2009
    Lugoff, SC
    Green Lantern - I saw this on Father's Day as a gift from my son. He saw it twice that day as it was his b-day and his mom took him. I am a comic book geek from the early '70's and enjoy most of the Marvel and DC universe so I was eager to see how this book came to the big screen.

Visually I thought they did a very good job but not a great job. The story was a simple origin of the hero as expected, so each character was developed as well as could be expected. The villains were developed in a backwards manner IMO. Parralax was the big villain, but not given much to do in the story, though. I thought it was funny that they gave it dreadlocks! The human villain was the best one in the film and was given a better part. The real villain was the turncoat Sinestro, but they are saving him for the sequel.

All in all I give this film 3 out of 5 stars... No Oscar winner but a fun summer popcorn film that most will enjoy!

4. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    I saw bridesmaids I give it 8

saw green lantern I give it a 6

hangover 2 not as good as first I give it a 6

5. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    Transformer 3-D 9/10. I am not a fan of 3-D movies but this one was really good.

Hangover 2...pretty funny for a part 2 movie. 7/10

6. ShelterGirl

ShelterGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Saw Kungfu Panda 2 with my little brother and I'll admit, I definately had a few laughs. The ending of it was CUTE. Left it open for another movie!

For young kids, and families, 8/10

7. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    I haven't seen the second hangover yet. Is it worth seeing? I loved the first but the second is not having good reviews

8. Delta2 23

Delta2 23 Flock Master

Sep 4, 2008
    Flying High - it was on TV a few days ago and, to kinda quote the OP, it was hysterical and I [hardly] ever stopped laughing through the whole movie [​IMG]

Naked gun - lordy lord, some of the best movies there are, [​IMG] I get confused as to which ones are which, but they're epic.

9. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    I saw Cedar Rapids.

It was quirky, fun-ISH, a little flat and predictable.

I saw Delirious with Steve Buscemi. Absolutely hysterically fun and very touching. Amazing.

The next movie I want to see is 'Desperation Boulevard'.

10. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Its not in theaters, but i was watching "While you were sleeping" and i give it a 10!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by