Movies of the 70s and 80s

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by edible_chicken, Sep 3, 2011.

1. edible_chicken

edible_chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Ohio
    my wife and i started to watch old movies cause there are no new movies worthy to watch. And we're wondering what are your favorite movies from the 70s and 80s. we want to compile a list of movies to watch. thanks [​IMG]

2. ChikeeMomma

ChikeeMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Mid Michigan
    Okay so I see that's it's on alot, but Overboard with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn. And how about The Great Outdoors with John Candy. The Shining is good if you want something scary.

3. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Oh I still watch Overboard whenever I can, but another Kurt Russell movie I love is Tango and Cash.

There are so many movies I like from those times and I can't think of any off the top of my head. Kurt Russell's name was my T&C trigger. LOL

4. ChikeeMomma

Mar 29, 2009
    Mid Michigan
    I like Coal Miner's Daughter, too. Hehe. Now I'll be thinking about this all night!

5. edible_chicken

edible_chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Ohio
    great suggestions! we will definitely be watching uncle buck! i haven't seen it since i was a child! haha. we're so tired of the new movies. wanna go back in time. haha.

6. ChikeeMomma

Mar 29, 2009
    Mid Michigan
    Hehe, I was going to say Uncle Buck. I also remember watching Hot To Trot (with that funny voiced comic from the 80s). That's a goofy movie, too. Aahhh.....I am a child of the 80s & 90s, can you tell.

7. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:You made me think of "Sweet Dreams". On a different note, "The Deerhunter".

8. ChikeeMomma

Mar 29, 2009
    Mid Michigan
    Quote:You made me think of "Sweet Dreams". On a different note, "The Deerhunter".

Ah, yes, Sweet Dreams -- that's the Patsy Cline one, right? Another goodie!

9. ChikeeMomma

Mar 29, 2009
    Mid Michigan
    This one is in honor of my hubby -- Rocky series or Rambo. Not my cup of tea, but alot of people like them.

10. ChikeeMomma

Mar 29, 2009
    Mid Michigan
    So I really need to go make raspberry jam after this -- I know it may not be 80s, but how about Grumpy Old Men 1 & 2 and My Girl?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by