1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Movies that make you cry?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Jan 15, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Not being much for movies or TV myself, I can honestly say that there are only two movies that make me cry at some point. They are movies I always regret coming to an end and I will watch them repeatedly. They are the only movies I will sit still to watch from beginning to end.

One is 'We Were Soldiers'. I bawled the first time I saw it (in the theater) and I have bawled every time since.

The other I just finished watching yet again - 'Men Of Honor'. I could watch that movie repeatedly and not tire of it.

What movie is guaranteed to cause a kleenex crisis for you?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    "Where the Red Fern Grows".
    Saw it once as a kid and will NEVER watch it again.
    I can't even bring myself to watch Ol' Yeller-ain't gonna happen-no way!

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I'm a man. I don't cry at movies,...... unless it's......

Legends of the Fall [​IMG]

Shenandoah [​IMG]

Journey to Shiloah [​IMG]

To Kill a Mockingbird [​IMG]

One Flew Over the Cukoos Nest [​IMG]

Ghost [​IMG]

Spaceballs..... wait,..... that one makes me pee myself [​IMG]

4. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

The TV show "House". I cry everytime it comes on.

because my wife watches it like a million times a week. I start crying when I see her reach for the remote. [​IMG]

I don't get it.. the guys a mean crazy drug addict. She loves him! If I acted like that she'd kill me in my sleep with a #14 cast iron skillet.

5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:I LOVE that show and you sound just like my DH, "We've seen this one already". He really hates the House Marathons.
    I'll share a little secret with you about the show and the reason we ladies love it-despite the fact that he's meaner than an acre of snakes...are you ready??? Hugh Laurie is HAWT! [​IMG]

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Temple Grandin.

Definitely made me cry, it was very moving.

7. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Not by my standards! [​IMG]

8. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Quote:I LOVE that show and you sound just like my DH, "We've seen this one already". He really hates the House Marathons.
    I'll share a little secret with you about the show and the reason we ladies love it-despite the fact that he's meaner than an acre of snakes...are you ready??? Hugh Laurie is HAWT! [​IMG]

[​IMG] now you sound like my wife!

Cameron now...

[​IMG] Shut-up Terry

9. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

"Bang, Bang, You're Dead" (based on the play....it was SO good. It's available in parts on youtube. [​IMG] )

And "Pay it Forward".

I personally love movies that make me cry. What can grab my attention and could bring tears to my eyes like that is what I consider a good movie in my book.

Edited to add..."The Lovely Bones" was a weeper, too. Book is better though.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  10. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    mr. birdaholic :

Not by my standards! [​IMG]

Hence why she said women love him [​IMG]

Terms of Endearment, Up! (the Pixar movie), ummmmmm. . . . those are the only two I can think of at the moment. I try to stay away from sad movies, I don't like to torture myself that way. I prefer books or funny mindless movies like Legally Blonde.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by