Moving a brooder

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Tomhusker, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Tomhusker

Tomhusker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa
    I am getting 2 Lavender Orps (THANKS kathyinmo!!) and I am thinking about using a tote and putting that in the whirlpool tub in the master bathroom at night. We never use the tub anyway and the dog can't get into it. I'd want keep it on the porch during the day with the 90 degree heat here in SW Missouri.

Is it ok to move a brooder around like that every day or should I try to put it in one place and keep it there? We do not have a basement or garage.

2. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    That shouldn't be a problem.... wait how many chicks. Just move slowly and steady. Make sure you have enough flooring so they don't slid around. Have Fun [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Tomhusker

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa
    2 chicks. They'll be a couple of weeks old or so by then and on a bed of pine shavings.

4. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    Sounds good, No problem. They will enjoy the echo in the bathroom [​IMG] You too???????

5. Tomhusker

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa
    Well, there are things they may NOT enjoy while they are in the bathroom..... the tub is the only thing I don't use. [​IMG]

We have French Doors between the bedroom and the bathroom that I hope will muffle the sounds enough so we can sleep through but allow any distress calls to come through.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by