Moving a new hatchling 45 miles alone

flwrldy

Songster
6 Years
Apr 20, 2017
NH
My Coop
My Coop
My granddaughter who wanted to hatch a chick here at my house in an incubator while she was visiting has a new chick. However She left last night, and the one egg in it hatched this morning, now I have to get it to my daughters house and we’re going to put it under her broody hen and hopefully it will take it. I’ve always had success in the past doing this, but my issue is getting it 45 miles alone and keeping it warm alone. so looking for advice. Thanks.

My granddaughter who wanted to hatch a chick here at my house in an incubator while she was visiting has a new chick. However She left last night, and the one egg in it hatched this morning, now I have to get it to my daughters house and we’re going to put it under her broody hen and hopefully it will take it. I’ve always had success in the past doing this, but my issue is getting it 45 miles alone and keeping it warm alone. so looking for advice. Thanks.
I've had really good luck using those big hot hands, wrapping them in a thin old towel, and making a cave out of it for it to go under. I transported chicks 2 hours this way successfully.

So someone in chicken exchanged said to seriously put it in my bra with paper towels for poop lol. I think that’s my best option. Ugh but yay

I've had really good luck using those big hot hands, wrapping them in a thin old towel, and making a cave out of it for it to go under. I transported chicks 2 hours this way successfully.
Love that idea too. Someone said in my bra with paper towels

So someone in chicken exchanged said to seriously put it in my bra with paper towels for poop lol. I think that’s my best option. Ugh but yay
Lol! I guess it could work, but make sure it can't escape, that would be dangerous kn the road. I really like the hot hands cave, I just put a towel on the bottom of a cardboard box with the cave in a corner.

Back
Top Bottom