Moving a rooster to the U.K.

beachbumbecks

Chirping
Jun 11, 2016
Aloha all,
We have a bit of a problem - I am moving to the U.K. for work, and had previously been told by American Airlines and United that my pet rooster (Mr. Rooster) could fly with them to the U.K. He has flown on American Airlines before. However, now that we are about to leave, the story has changed. American Airlines doesn't fly anything but cats and dogs to the U.K. I am working with a pet agent, but we are having trouble finding a way to simply get Mr. Rooster from point A (Honolulu) to point B (London). My vet and I have all the import paperwork ready, his Salmonella test done, and have been in direct communication with the poultry import vet in London that would do his inspection. He is welcome in the U.K.!
Does anyone know how to safely ship a rooster (or chicken flocks) from the USA to UK?

Sorry to post in the emergency section, but there is no clear forum for this issue. And we are in a bit of an emergency. Even if I have to take a boat, I am happy to. Just can't leave him behind. :)

Cheers
Becks

Go to United States postal service website, they say you can mail birds. It gives the information needed. Good luck to you and Mr. Rooster.:)

Back
Top Bottom