moving air bubble in egg

chkinut

Songster
9 Years
Feb 25, 2010
Leesburg, Ohio
hi guys....i went up to check on my 12 eggs (11 showgirls, 1 silkie)....we're on day one. anyway, i noticed the silkie egg was stuck to the egg turner! none of the other eggs were. so i figured i had to get it out, i knew it was leaking if it was stuck. i got it out....then i candled it and sure enough, i saw the crack. and there was also an almost-dime-sized air bubble in there that moves around whenever i moved the egg...and it moves very quickly....as if its in water. but i put wax on the crack anyway, and put it back in the bator. do u guys think this egg is no good? none of my other eggs have this moving air bubble...although i haven't candled all of them.

I had something similar happen and tried the candle wax and it only came back to haunt me later on. The second time it was so stuck to the turner that there was no way to get it out without compromising the other eggs in the bator.

I had to rearrange the eggs and actually remove the whole row on the turning rack to get it out. Even after soaking and and a bit of a fight in the garage sink I still had some of the shell attached to the turner rack.

I would say remove it. Its cracked and has a damaged aircell so it really doesnt have anything going for it. Also, if it turns it could negatively affect the other eggs in your incubator.

Oh dear...a rotten egg! I have had only one of those so far. The explosion in the incubator was very "memorable!" for my whole family...to day the least.
sickbyc.gif

not to worry about it being my only silkie.....i'm getting 14 silkie eggs at the beginning of april. so...i got rid of the egg, cracked it opened, and it didn't look any different than any other egg i would crack open to eat. then i decided to candle ALL of my eggs just to see if anymore had that dislodged air sac.....there were 2 more.....so i placed them in 1/4 of a napkin (incase they leak and stick later on) and i put them back in the bator simply cuz there was no cracks in them and they weren't leaking. do u guys think i should chunk these two as well?

Back
Top Bottom