Moving air sac?

Hi! If it was an egg that had been shipped, that means the air cell got knocked out of whack during shipping.
Did it just shift a little but stay in the big end, or move freely when you turn the egg upside down?
I've never had any luck getting eggs with wobbly air cells to hatch, but I've read that other folks have.
Good luck!
Lisa

I just candled my silkie eggs...Day 7. They are shipped eggs and a couple have loose air cells that move around the larger end of the egg. I didnt want to tip too much too see if it rolled all the way around the whole egg because I have veins in them. Will they develop?

A couple eggs also seem to have the air cell firmly in place but it is set oddly, like at the top a little bit as well as down the side some too. Are my eggies doomed??
sad.png

Yeah Im still wondering on this one too. A lot of the air sacs on those eggs are irregular shaped, but they DO have chcicks growing in them. Will they not hatch?

Mine have been in the egg carton since I got them. It's been a week now so I don't know if it will help, but I plan to leave them in there for the hatching. I guess it's a wait and see deal.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom