Moving an object and some other questions in Sketchup

EmmaDonovan

Crowing
Jul 13, 2020
Southern Arizona
Sketchup and I are mortal enemies. I really really hate it. So. much. I have the free SketchUp Make version 17.2.2555 64-bit. I assume they designed it to drive a user insane so you'll scrap it and get the version you have to pay for.

My question is: how do I make an object go straight down?

Here's what happens when I try. I use the select tool to click on an object then I click on the move tool. Then I click on a corner of my object and try to move it, and it goes everywhere but the direction I want it to go in. Either that or the rotate tool comes out of NOWHERE and tries to mess up my object. 😑

Also, sometimes I create a new object and Sketchup draws it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out in the middle of space so it's very, very tiny and I have to hunt all over to find it. Just... why?

Right after that I create another object and it's so close it's HUGE and takes up half the screen. 😒

Also also, I use my mouse's scroll wheel to zoom in and out of a project. Sometimes that works. Other times it only zooms in/out a teeny tiny ridiculously miniscule amount even when I'm doing these huge spins on the wheel. Again... why?

Please ELI5 or a busy hamster.

I can't help you, but I hope you find someone who can! I have tried using programs like that to design a coop, but I'm so damn terrible at using them. They're too complex for my pea brain. The kind of issue you're running into is what would make me up and quit immediately. I've resorted to using Paint. 😅

Back
Top Bottom