Moving Babies Outside- Week Two?

LibbyRose98

In the Brooder
Mar 31, 2020
North Carolina
Raising nine baby chicks in my bathtub right now. They turned two weeks three days ago. I want to move them into the barn. We have nine adults that live in a big coop inside the barn and go into the yard everyday. I would move the babies into the smaller coop within the barn (big ones couldn’t get inside) and attach the heat lamp and electric hen warmer that is currently in the bathtub. Temps are running 50-75 currently outside. Would this be okay? It’s a big colder than what we keep the house, but they would still have the heat lamp.

Only can speak for what I did. My chicks went straight from store purchase into an outside well ventilated coop. Temperature was monitored closely, and adjusted accordingly to chicks behavior via a heat lamp. I used blankets and tarping for colder temps and extreme weather days and nights if needed for extra insulation. Mine are close to the end of their 3rd week and doing great! :D

Raising nine baby chicks in my bathtub right now. They turned two weeks three days ago. I want to move them into the barn. We have nine adults that live in a big coop inside the barn and go into the yard everyday. I would move the babies into the smaller coop within the barn (big ones couldn’t get inside) and attach the heat lamp and electric hen warmer that is currently in the bathtub. Temps are running 50-75 currently outside. Would this be okay? It’s a big colder than what we keep the house, but they would still have the heat lamp.
If they all fit under the electric hen(what kind do you have?), you don't need the lamp.

Back
Top Bottom