Moving Chickens Long Distance

layzday

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 31, 2014
I will be moving my small flock in two weeks (approximately a 10 hour trip). I had hoped to be able to leave late afternoon so that most driving would be at night but my husband is concerned about driving most of the night. He will be pulling the horse trailer with horses and chickens and I will be driving the car with the cats. I am concerned about loading the chickens in the am since they will not have eaten or drank all night long and will have to cage them for the trip. I thought I might feed fermented feed before we leave but am concerned about not having food or water all day unless I offer it to them at stops. Any suggestions/ideas would be much appreciated.

Also, I checked with our local extension office and my vet and haven't had much luck finding someone who can certify my flock as healthy. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Call your state veterinarian's office and/ or the state ag. dept. There's likely testing that needs to be done, like the Coggin's testing for horses, to get a health certificate. Mary

Back
Top Bottom