Moving chickens to a new coop

ChickenDude12345

Songster
Jun 16, 2021
Northern NH
How should I go about moving chickens to a new coop. I put my new red coop next to my old Coop and surrounded the old coop with poultry netting. My broody hen and chicks have been living in the new red coop well my existing flock has been in the old coop. I was thinking about taking down the run and then moving the chickens at night. Then the next morning taking the old coup out of the fenced in area before I let them out. Can I move them during the day or do I have to wait for night. Here’s a picture of my set up.

Attachments

• 3D6F2EA0-F1D0-4A33-A2F7-A6F04B3CE264.jpeg
    3D6F2EA0-F1D0-4A33-A2F7-A6F04B3CE264.jpeg
    881.9 KB · Views: 22
Can I move them during the day or do I have to wait for night.

I suppose that depends on how well your chickens respond to being called/herded and if you can either close up the old coop or get it out of there without them escaping. :D

When I move chickens I do it at night because mine and NOT fond of being caught.

I suppose that depends on how well your chickens respond to being called/herded and if you can either close up the old coop or get it out of there without them escaping. :D

When I move chickens I do it at night because mine and NOT fond of being caught.
Mine are not very easy to catch and they do not herd into a building well. I think I’ll have to catch them at night

I moved mine to a new coup yesterday but had to do during the day. Flushed them out of the old area then blocked it off. Let them stay in the yard for awhile so I didn't upset them too much. I got the first one picked up and the others started to move in the same direction but of course they scattered in different directions. Slowly got them one by one. They acted scared inside the new area so we walked away and left them to explore without us around. The very first wooden coop ( their baby coop) is their main stay. All six of those fat birds pile in on top of each other when there's other areas with baskets with lots of bedding. Nope! They want to all be in the same area together. Forgot to mentioned they are about 10-11 weeks old now. Grown so much they look like full chickens.

Back
Top Bottom