Moving chicks outside today!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by bigdogmom130, Aug 21, 2010.

1. bigdogmom130

bigdogmom130 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Finally moving my babies outside today so they can see my big girls [​IMG]
    Hopefully I can integrate in a week or so. I still have my Blue Silkie Roo (not show quality- 4 toes on one foot, 5 on the other) if anyone wants him. He's a nice boy and he's 8 weeks old. I'm in MD (A.A County).

Wish me luck!! [​IMG]

2. mrsp523

mrsp523 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Western Mass
    Good Luck!! [​IMG]

3. scooterward

scooterward Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Lenoir City, TN
    Good luck!! [​IMG]

4. bigdogmom130

bigdogmom130 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Thank you [​IMG] So far it's been good...the little ones can see the bigger girls through the fence and just stare and then do their thing. The first night I had to put them up on their roost in the big dog crate we have them in outside. We did let both the big girls and little ones free range and my dominant meanie hen pecked one a few times.... She is my main concern. The other two big girls didn't seem to mind them at all and they did get very close. Hubby is working on the expansion coop ( a huge little tikes playhouse) that he will attach to our existing coop.

How long should I keep them separated? Is a week enough or maybe 2? I plan on doing the night roost sneak attack on the bigger girls and crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Any advice would be great [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by