MOVING CHICKS OUTSIDE

Petroschickens

Chirping
May 1, 2019
Mass
My Coop
My Coop
Hey everyone!, right now I have 8 chicks. 3 silkies, 3 barred rocks, and 2 ISA Browns. Ive had them for 4 weeks now and was most likely going to put them in their coop in about two more weeks because the weather isn't the best right now and its kinda cold so I want them to be fully feathered before they go outside. When I will put them out in the day it will be high 60s low 70s and high 40s low 50s in the night. Should I put a heat lamp out in the coop until the summer time or will they be ok without one?

How warm is it in your house? I would start weaning them off of the heat lamp, if you haven't already, to encourage those feathers to grow and acclimate them. also start letting them go on field trips outside during the day.

A89578BA-BEFA-4283-9C51-08D2DD086C01.jpeg
Came here today to ask the same question. I think they’re feathered out? I took them outside for the first time today. Hoping to finish the coop by Friday. They’re getting too big, too dusty, and too stinky for inside!

View attachment 1759618 Came here today to ask the same question. I think they’re feathered out? I took them outside for the first time today. Hoping to finish the coop by Friday. They’re getting too big, too dusty, and too stinky for inside!
Yes, absolutely! I have moved mine out by 4-6 weeks, no heat, lows in upper 30's each time.

Yes, absolutely! I have moved mine out by 4-6 weeks, no heat, lows in upper 30's each time.

Thanks. I’m just nervous for them. They’ve done so well so far (these are my first chicks) and I don’t want to lose them all overnight because I rushed them outside!

How warm is it in your house? I would start weaning them off of the heat lamp, if you haven't already, to encourage those feathers to grow and acclimate them. also start letting them go on field trips outside during the day.
I’ve been giving them time without the heat lamp and th
Its 70 degrees in my house and I’ve been shutting off the heat lamp here and there. I haven’t brought them outside yet because it’s been rain legit everyday. I’m most likely going to bring them outside tomorrow tho!

Back
Top Bottom