Moving chicks outside?

Hi! I’m so sorry I just saw your reply! They are doing great! My one chick a salmon favorelle is the only one who won’t go in the coop by herself at night. She chirps very loudly and goes up the ramp then comes back down and chirps again by the pen door! I think she waits for someone to put her in, I am hoping with time she gets it!
I added a solar light that lights up the coop all day and soon as the sun goes down the light goes out but by then they're all snuggled up on the roost together.Mine won't go in a dark coop.

I wouldn't advise you to move them separately but maybe someone else has done it.The older ones may not accept them if you separate them for more than a week .
Separating adult chickens resets the pecking order and they fight it out until this new order is well established.I may be wrong to assume young chicks do this too...

Hi! I’m so sorry I just saw your reply! They are doing great! My one chick a salmon favorelle is the only one who won’t go in the coop by herself at night. She chirps very loudly and goes up the ramp then comes back down and chirps again by the pen door! I think she waits for someone to put her in, I am hoping with time she gets it!
Nice!

Back
Top Bottom