Moving eggs from one incubator to another

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by comp6512, May 27, 2010.

  1. comp6512

    comp6512 Songster

    Dec 3, 2008
    The mods moved my thread from here to chicken stories. Maybe it was not relevant, but I think it was.

    I will try to incubate some eggs from the fridge, well right now they are moved to the counter and I am turning them.

    I will get a Hova bator within a week possibly, but could go to Tractor supply tomorrow and get an incubator, whatever they sell.

    Should I start incubating right away in "any" incubator, or wait till Hova gets here? We are talking some 4-5 day old eggs that were sitting in the fridge and now on the counter, at 80F in the room.

    Thank you in advance. This is very important.
  2. FireTigeris

    FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

    I would not switch incubators if you go to get the new one from TSC - a week will be pushing those eggs chances... if you get another bator use it the whole hatch.
  3. Bedste

    Bedste Songster

    Aug 17, 2009
    Cut n Shoot Texas
    i am using two incubators...... When one has a problem I move them all to the other one while I am working on dealing the issues with one bator....

    I know that the more you handle the eggs the more they can be damaged or dropped and it is always best to leave them be. But I have actually had pretty good hatches even after disasters or power outages.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by