Moving in day for the chicks :)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Knock Kneed Hen, May 25, 2010.

1. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    The coop is mostly done. Today they moved in. I was a little nervous because they kept eating the pine shavings...something they hadn't done before. When I last checked on them 3 our of 19 were up on the roosting board, 3 were on the ramp going up to the roosting board, and the rest were all milling around under it. Only time will tell what kind of adjustments I'll need to make. . .

The nest boxes will go below the poop board where you see wire. The BR's were the first to brave the ramp. Thinking I won't need the ramp once they're bigger.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The interior floor is 9.3 x 9.3. The poop board is 36" deep. I hope I'm not overcrowding them!! They'll have to be in here until the run is finished. I made a service area where my little girl is standing so that the kids can go collect eggs and not let any birds out or dogs in....that's the idea anyway!! For the time being I'm going to keep my Blue Cochin roo in there at night so he can get accustomed to his girls [​IMG]

edited for spelling error

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  2. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    I love the color you used! Very nice!

3. bfrancis

bfrancis Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    Okmulgee Co, Oklahoma
    Awesome coop! [​IMG] I like the bright colors...DW is talking about doing something similar to inside of ours...I'll show her your post in AM

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by