Moving lone teen chicken out of the house

Letteyablaizeon

In the Brooder
May 19, 2019
20190620_114312.jpg
I have 2 chicks, one with a disability that will need to be in the house for a while longer and one that is perfectly fine. The bigger normal chicken is starting to bully the special needs one and she is about 9 weeks old and ready to move out to the coop we got. I only have the 2 of them. Will she get to lonely being in the coop alone at night? These 2 are like family now and I'm just nervous about her getting depressed even though we will have the smaller one out with her during the day. What do yall think? They are the same age but Peepers is average size and Bleu is special needs and still tiny and not fully feathered as seen in my pic

What disability does she have? I think they will both be okay if they’re kept apart only during the night, why can’t you keep them together at night? What’s the difference? At night they sleep obviously so nothing will change.
:idunno
Bleu is a a quarter of the size of Peepers and only has one strong leg, she also only has feathers on her wings. During the day when they are in the coop Peepers doesn't bully Bleu as bad since it's a bigger space than the indoor enclosure. At night she steps on Bleu and wont let her eat which results in Bleu screaming. Peepers doesn't do this to Bleu while in the coop. I just didn't know if separating them at night would cause more issues. Also I am not sure if Bleu is ready to go into the coop since she doesnt have all of her feathers.

Bleu is a a quarter of the size of Peepers and only has one strong leg, she also only has feathers on her wings. During the day when they are in the coop Peepers doesn't bully Bleu as bad since it's a bigger space than the indoor enclosure. At night she steps on Bleu and wont let her eat which results in Bleu screaming. Peepers doesn't do this to Bleu while in the coop. I just didn't know if separating them at night would cause more issues. Also I am not sure if Bleu is ready to go into the coop since she doesnt have all of her feathers.

Attachments

• 20190623_162737.jpg
    20190623_162737.jpg
    586.1 KB · Views: 14
I wouldn’t call that a disability, she’s just a runt (slow grower) I think moving them at night wouldn’t really solve anything but you can give it a try for a night and see what happens!

How old is the black one? :eek:
Peepers the black one is 9 weeks and 4 days old. Bleu the little one is 9 weeks and 2 days old. Bleu also cant use her left leg at all because her hip didn't develop properly. It's a long story on why I have her lol... kindergarten chicken hatching and I must save a life hahaha

Peepers the black one is 9 weeks and 4 days old. Bleu the little one is 9 weeks and 2 days old. Bleu also cant use her left leg at all because her hip didn't develop properly. It's a long story on why I have her lol... kindergarten chicken hatching and I must save a life hahaha
Are you ENTIRELY sure they hatched in the same week? I don’t know if Bleu will make it through life sorry, a 9 week old chicken is too small for that size, my 2 day old chicks are bigger in size than her and by a week they have double the feathers she has.

Back
Top Bottom