Moving... Need to Rehome My Loves (Central/Northern CA)

Aunt Angus

🐓+🦆+🐐=🎪
5 Years
Jul 16, 2018
Nevada County, CA
Hi. I am heart-broken to be writing this, but I have to move and rehome my 2 cockerels: one is a silver Sebright, the other is a splash Silkie. They are both hatchery quality and just under 6 months old. I prefer they be taken in as pets and not dinner. Please.

I am leaving a more densely populated area in Sacramento County, Ca and moving to much larger property in an area zoned "transitional agriculture" in Humboldt County, CA. My new neighbor is a sheep farmer, yet I can't have roosters. Go figure...

Picotee is a Sebright. He crows frequently, but is attentive to his flock. He is not aggressive, but he is a bit excitable when first let out of the coop in the morning. He weighs less than 2 lbs. He can fly, but free ranges just fine.
1572825970746268889568815899888.jpg

Dandelion is a sweetheart. He is a lap chicken who loves to be cuddled before bed. He is not yet sexually mature, but has shown zero aggression and gets along fine with Picotee. He is closely bonded with my Silkie pullet, so it might be in their best interests to adopt both.
15721383079228419140788256035762.jpg

I can imagine what you're going through… :hugs
Always wanted to have Seabright chickens but you're too far away from me…
Hope you find a good home for Dandelion and Picotee. :fl
Thanks. It sucks. I am considering taking them with us if we can't find homes for them soon. We will have over an acre of property, and there will be a sheep pasture between us and the only neighbors. I'm wondering if they'll complain. If they do, I will comply, of course. But being farm folk, I'm wondering if they'll care. Not ideal, but I don't know what else to do if no one here wants them.

Hi. I am heart-broken to be writing this, but I have to move and rehome my 2 cockerels: one is a silver Sebright, the other is a splash Silkie. They are both hatchery quality and just under 6 months old. I prefer they be taken in as pets and not dinner. Please.

I am leaving a more densely populated area in Sacramento County, Ca and moving to much larger property in an area zoned "transitional agriculture" in Humboldt County, CA. My new neighbor is a sheep farmer, yet I can't have roosters. Go figure...

Picotee is a Sebright. He crows frequently, but is attentive to his flock. He is not aggressive, but he is a bit excitable when first let out of the coop in the morning. He weighs less than 2 lbs. He can fly, but free ranges just fine.
View attachment 1971225

Dandelion is a sweetheart. He is a lap chicken who loves to be cuddled before bed. He is not yet sexually mature, but has shown zero aggression and gets along fine with Picotee. He is closely bonded with my Silkie pullet, so it might be in their best interests to adopt both.View attachment 1971256
Oooh I really love Picotee......I live in Oregon and might be able to make a journey....how much are you asking for? I could pay you!

I have 81 chickens and he would be given a loving home!

(as a pet not as dinner)

Back
Top Bottom