Moving on to my next "stage"

Yard full o' rocks

Songster
10 Years
Mar 24, 2009
Cartersville, Georgia
I just completed my first incubator hatch. We have 13 buff orp chicks from the 14 we put in the 'bator. We are soooo excited and they are sooo cute.
wee.gif
Now, they are all in the brooder. Temp is maintaining about 94 degrees and they all seem happy and active. All are drinking and BOY ARE THEY EATING!!!! Its too funny. At this point is there any medication, additives, etc, etc that I need to give them? This is ALL new to me so any help at all is greatly appreciated.
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
THANK YOU very much....after a good hatch I want to make sure I am taking proper care of those "babies". They remind me of my boys when they were newborns....once they are full and warm....they just fall asleep....sometimes standing up. They are too funny and soooo cute.

Quote:
Congratulations!! i hope my first hatch is as successful - day 4 here!

Sending you good hatching vibes...
fl.gif
...the BYC members here are SOOOO helpful and friendly. I am not sure exactly who started this whole thing, but the Good Lord will surely put a star in their crown. BYC has been so wonderful to me. Good luck with your hatch.
jumpy.gif

Quote:
THANK YOU very much....after a good hatch I want to make sure I am taking proper care of those "babies". They remind me of my boys when they were newborns....once they are full and warm....they just fall asleep....sometimes standing up. They are too funny and soooo cute.

If you notice any of them showing signs of weakness add electrolytes to the water!!!

Quote:

If you notice any of them showing signs of weakness add electrolytes to the water!!!

Should I need electrolytes, where do I get it? Use Gatorade?

Back
Top Bottom